Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lost Winter

As I walk down the dull grey streets
I see the snow flake of a lost winter descend
I look into its rough crystalline form
its jagged beauty
I float amongst its azure spearheads
sharp glistening chaos
it pierces me
fills me
it's part of me
I too am chaos
crystalline flesh and icy bone
It/I begin to melt away
I drip down the cold spikes
I flow perfectly through forming cracks
I am a torrent now
I rend apart my icy world with divine purpose
It's done
I'm back
Meat and bone again
Standing on the concrete scabs that conceal healthy earth
Fetid dead water oozes through the gutters
Black poisonous blood pouring over the scab
Polished metal lice scurry down the long scars
antennae waving, shiny metal chitin
they puff out smoke, their vaporous feces
I breath it in
Poison blood coats my shoes
It's all trying to enter me
Violate me
It wants to remove the memories
of my last lost winter
I breath out ice on my breath
to exorcise these demons
And I walk away
To look for my lost winter.

No comments: