Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Lighten up, you'll Live Longer.

Sideways Kung Fu monkey is unrelated to this post.
I got a new job recently, and my new job description is officially Spice Blending Technician. Sounds very official, of course the more accurate description would be, guy who pours a bunch of crap (crap as a catch all for stuff, not feces) into a giant blender and mixes it all together. You whack a sloth in the head a few times with a mallet and it could  still do my job. Given that my previous comments just positively oozed enthusiasm you might have guessed that I don't derive much pleasure from my job, and in that you would be correct. Though you wouldn't be at the same time, as I do find ways to make my new job very entertaining. 

Today for example I was going to drop something off at another department in the building to be picked up on the morrow by the individuals who worked there. Along with this item, which had a rather southern flare to it, I drew a charming depiction of a happy little cowboy exclaiming yehaa rather enthusiastically. I also gave him a mustache, see below.

That's one happy cowboy.




Sorry I was mistaken, it's a Happy Cowboy Mustache.

Anyway, I decided to show my happy cowboy to my supervisor (I see your mind is in the gutter), who I knew would get a kick out of it because he's even less mature than I am. Which as a side note, makes him a pretty awesome supervisor.  Well he did laugh, but then he grimaced as he realized that my happy little cowboy was going to pay a visit to someone in another department. This someone apparently was entirely without a sense of humour, or was a cowboy who would take offense to my crude rendering, I can't remember which though. Doesn't matter.

I made a few jokes about sticks being up asses, he agreed, but insisted that I keep my mustached happy cowboy to myself. I ever so reluctantly conceded. 

However given that this is my blog, I don't have to concede shit here. So I would like to say that people need to pull their sticks out of their puckered buttholes and lighten up. It would make many people much more happy, including many a cowboy.

No comments: